Prenatal Stress: Beyond the Womb
The neuroscience literature of HOW prenatal stress affects neurodevelopment and WHYit is considered the basis for the neurobiology of physical and mental dis-ease is vast!
In this course, Dr. Buerger will present key strategies to help minimize the effects of fetal imprints related to maternal stressors. She will teach attendees how to optimize the trajectory of neurodevelopment and minimize future “hits” that are known to trigger various dis-eases.
Dr. Buerger will cover:
- Dysmaturation of the ANS and the long-term consequences on physical and mental health
- Identifying developmental “red flags” for at-risk children
- Postnatal “hits” that trigger neurological disorders such as autism, ADH/D, psychiatric disorders and the neurodegenerative cascade
- How vagal tone and heart rate variability are related to neuromuscular development
- Supporting vagal tone through the first two years of life via chiropractic care, parental-child interactions, movement patterns and neuronutrition
- The importance of the gut-brain-vagus axis during critical windows of development
- Understanding the Enteric Nervous System in brain function and development
- Balancing the Microbiome of Baby (MOB)
- How to manage the “low tone” kiddos
- The critical role that chiropractic care plays in stress regulation of children
- Steps to take in order to foster optimal neuorodevelopment: fine and gross motor, language and social development
- When, what, where co-management strategies
When we know better, we can do better….
Download Corresponding Notes & Slides
Download Quick Screen Year 1 Resource
CE CREDIT ONLY INSTRUCTIONS: Doctors who have completed the Intersect4Life course and would like CE credit please click here to claim through Life West.
- A CE password will be distributed during the course which is required in order to register for CE credit. Life West staff does not have access to the password.
- You are required to sign up for a new or use your existing Life West CE account to register for CE credit.
- Once registered for CE, you must pass a short quiz and complete an affidavit and course evaluation.
- Certificates are self-service. You may download or print your certificate immediately upon completing the course evaluation, and also again at any point in the future.
- Save your username and password to ensure easy future access to your CE records.