The COVID Generation: How prenatal stress affects the unborn child and HOW we can TURN THE TIDE
Intersect4Life Educational Seminars and Life Chiropractic College West are proud to announce that they are partnering together to bring Doctors of Chiropractic a FREE “Disaster Relief” CE course!
That’s right! Absolutely NO out-of-pocket expenses and you get 4 HOURS of ON-LINE CE credits from the comfort of your quarantine headquarters through June 1, 2020!
The neuroscience literature of HOW prenatal stress affects neurodevelopment and WHY it is considered the basis for the neurobiology of physical and mental dis-ease is vast!
In this FREE on-line CE webinar, Dr. Buerger will break down the science into bite size easy pieces, give you red flags to be aware of, help you understand the chiropractic connection and lay out applicable steps so you can be best prepared and at the forefront of helping to TURN THE TIDE for future generations!
This information will be hands-down critical to millions of families around the globe and critical for any health practitioner working with pregnant mothers and children!
Dr. Buerger will cover:
- The neurobiology of stress and the negative impact of stress and trauma on health and wellbeing
- How altered prenatal perception of stress will lay the foundation of physical and mental dis-ease for the lifetime of the offspring
- How the brain perceives stress and interprets what is going on inside the body
- How vagal tone and heart rate variability fit in and the role of chiropractic care
- Chiropractic care recommendations for pregnant mothers to help minimize stress on the developing fetus
- Prenatal and early stress experiences and developmental consequences on offspring
- The stress impact on developmental milestones, primitive reflexes, postural reflexes, the microbiome and overall neurological integrity
- Developmental “red flags” to be aware of as the consequence of early stress exposure
- The critical role that chiropractic care plays in stress regulation for mom and child
- How chiropractic care can help Turn the Tide in the neurodevelopmental trajectory of at-risk children
When we know better, we can do better….
Friday, April 24, 2020
4 PM – 8 PM MST/6 PM – 10 PM EST
Instructor: Dr. Monika Buerger, BA, DC
Sponsoring Institution: Life Chiropractic College-West
- FREE until June 1, 2020
- After June 1, 2020: $139
- CEs: 4 hours FREE until June 1, 2020
- After June 1, 2020: $50
Location: LIVE on-line
*This class will be recorded for later listening and learning on-demand and continue to be FREE until June 1, 2020
Want lifetime access? Just join our on-line Learning Academy with hundreds of hours of additional learning, a private Facebook forum for interacting with other like minded docs, community outreach and marketing tools and so much more!
DC’s, DC students, CA’s and any practitioner that works with children
Exciting News! 4 hours on-line CE CREDITS APPROVED & APPIED FOR!
AK, CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, IN (temporarily approved due to COVID crisis), MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, NY, OR, PR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY
PACE: KS, ME, MN, NV, NJ, NC, ND, SD
CA, GA, PA, TX
*These States will likely have CEs available after the live date and should be applicable for the recorded version. You can still join the live course; however, the CEs would not be applicable until the date of acceptance from each State.
Life Chiropractic College West will be our Continuing Education Partner Contact Life West CE at email@example.com or 510.780.4508 for information about continuing education: http://www.lifewest.org/.
** Each individual attending or viewing a class must pay for their own registration and CE fees. This includes married couples/partners and other doctors/students/office staff related.
ALL REGISTRANTS MUST READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
At Intersect4Life and Life Chiropractic College West, we have been working like crazy to afford chiropractors tools and materials to help them stay relevant and connected to their communities during this unprecedented time. More than ever, we will be called upon to be the light for millions of families and children that will suffer from long-term consequences associated with this global disaster. We are beyond excited that the interest in this incredible class has been overwhelming – to say the least! However, with hundreds of doctors taking part in this class, it will be very difficult to manage hundreds of e-mails/questions in addition to our already extremely busy schedule. Therefore, we have put together this comprehensive information sheet to help you with questions you may have.
PRIOR TO E-MAILING WITH QUESTIONS, YOU MUST READ THE BELOW INFORMATION IN ITS ENTIRETY!
- Dr. Buerger has donated numerous hours/weeks of her time putting this amazing class together as part of her commitment to the chiropractic profession and future generations! Life West has graciously donated all the fees and their time managing the CE portion of this class! Until midnight on May 31, 2020, this class has no out-of-pocket expenses associated with it.
- This class is free up until midnight on May 31, 2020. After that, the class will continue to be available ongoing through Intersect4Life for a tuition of $139 plus $50 for CE credits. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The live broadcast of this course will be on April 24, 2020 from 4 – 8 PM MST/6 – 10 PM EST.
- The link to the live class, along with notes, will be sent out the week of the class. It will be sent out several times over the course of that week so please check the e-mail you registered with as well as the associated spam (if you do not see the e-mail). This link will ONLY BE GOOD for the LIVE version. If you try to access that class after the live broadcast, this link will NO LONGER WORK.
- How do you get CE credit? CE credit is provided by Life Chiropractic College West. It is intended only for those who attended the full four hours. You must register SEPARATELY, AFTER the course, at https://ce.lifewest.edu/covidgenerationCE.
- A CE registration password will be revealed during the course. This password is required to register for CE. If you are not present to receive the password during the seminar, you may not register for CE. Neither Intersect4Life nor Life West will share the password with you after the course.
- There is no cost through midnight on May 31, 2020. After that time, the cost is $50.
- If you do not already have a Life West CE account, you will prompted to set one up upon registration.
- After you are registered you will need to pass a brief quiz, complete an affidavit certifying that you were present for the full four hours, and fill out the course evaluation.
- You may then print and/or download your certificate. Certificates will not be mailed. They are only available via self-service online.
- See below for states where credit is or will likely be available
- This course will be recorded for later listening and learning. All persons that register for the free class (prior to June 1, 2020) will receive a link (via e-mail) to listen to the recorded class; even if you were on the live class, you will be able to re-listen up until midnight on May 31, 2020. That link will only be available until midnight on May 31, 2020; after which, that link will no longer be active and the course will only be available to purchase. NO exceptions.
- The RECORDED LINK will be e-mailed out sometime during the week FOLLOWING the live class.
- Anyone can register for the free class up until May 31, 2020. However, they must complete the course AND the CE credit registration by midnight on May 31, 2020.
- All e-mail correspondence will come from the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org please LOOK IN YOUR SPAM in-box PRIOR to e-mailing us if you do not see any correspondence.
- Due to our extremely busy schedules, please allow up to 72 hours to respond to e-mails to any questions that are NOT ANSWERED in this document.
CE State Approvals
Approved or no application required:
AK, CO, CT, DE, DC, GA, ID, IL, IA, IN, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, NY, OR, PR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY
IN has temporarily approved on-line CEs due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, they have not stated how long this will be applicable.
NOTE to DCs licensed in: CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IN, IA, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY. These states generally accept programs sponsored by a college that is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE). These states and provincial boards do not require an application from CCE colleges. While it is highly likely that credits will be accepted, Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
PACE: KS, ME, MN, NV, NC, ND, SD
CA, PA, TX
These States will likely have CEs available after the live date and should be applicable for the recorded version. You can still join the live course; however, the CEs would not be applicable until the date of acceptance from each State. Please note that we cannot guarantee approval from any of these four States.
For CA allow 45 days for approval from date of live class
For TX allow 60 days for approval from date of live class
For PA allow 90 days for approval from date of live class
IF YOU WANT CE’S FOR ANY OF THESE STATES, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHECKING BACK ON THE WEBSITE or https://ce.lifewest.edu/covidgenerationCE IN THE APPROPRIATE AMOUNT OF DAYS TO SEE IF YOUR STATE HAS BEEN MOVED FROM THE “STATES APPLIED” CATEGORY TO THE “APPROVED” CATEGORY. THEN, YOU WILL NEED TO LOG ONTO THE LIFE WEST LINK GIVEN AT THE END OF THE CLASS, TAKE THE QUIZ AND SIGN THE AFFIDAVIT IN ORDER TO RECEIVE CREDIT. PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOUR STATE DOES NOT APPROVE BY JUNE 1, 2020, YOU MAY NEED TO PAY THE $50 CE FEE IN ORDER TO RECEIVE CREDIT.
Due to logistical reasons, we DO NOT anticipate any additional States will be added for the initial course. However, additional States may (no guarantee) be added after June 1, 2020.