Oral Myofunctional and Tethered Oral Tissues Intensive – Save
Oral Myofunctional and Tethered Oral Tissues Intensive
The incidence of children presenting with lip and tongue ties are on the rise and practitioners are scrambling to understand the WHY behind it and HOW to help manage these cases. In this intensive seminar, we cover the multiple factors you need to understand around tethered oral tissues and HOW to help these children thrive in every aspect!
Overview of topics to be addressed:
- A “Red Flag” History: Asking the right history questions in regards to neurodevelopment and/or neurophysiological dysfunction and any associations with tethered oral tissues.
- “Priming the Pump”: Pre-Conception Care: An overview of the epigenetic influence on methylation and the consequences of DNA expression. Pre-conception neuronutritional care and fetal neurodevelopmental considerations will be covered.
- The connection between tethered oral tissue and digestion, sensory dysfunction, neurodevelopment and posture: Why Chiropractic Care is so Important
- Tongue Tie, Real or Myth?
- To Revise or Not Revise?: Biomechanical alterations associated with TOT’s
- Scissors vs Laser Release: Benefits & Issues
- Tongue Tie Release in Older Children and Adults
- Hands-On Group Clinic: Cranial-Sacral assessment and treatment of infants, toddlers and young adults. Emphasis how tethered oral tissue can impact not only feeding issues but can play a major role in body alignment, speech, neurosensory development and overall health.
- Hands-On Group Clinic: Post release stretches and exercises for home care. Evaluation of suck-swallow-breathing. Additional home and in-office considerations.
Hear what others have said:
“Information that every practitioner should know! Dr. Monika is way ahead of the system!”
Jessica Selby Tallman
February 23-24, 2018
Friday: 8:00am – 5:30pm
Saturday: 8:00am – 5:30pm
Who Should Attend:
This seminar is a wonderful opportunity for: Chiropractors, Chiropractic Students, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists, Lactation Consultants and Pediatricians.” *CE’s available for DC’s only
San Diego, CA
Hampton Inn San Diego-Downtown
1531 Pacific Highway, San Diego, California, 92101, USA +1-619-233-8408
Hotel Booking Information:
Booking Link: http://group.hamptoninn.com/Intersect-4-Life
Hotel: Hampton Inn San Diego-Downtown
Group Name: Intersect 4 Life
Arrival Date: 22-Feb-2018
Departure Date: 25-Feb-2018
Please note, the entire URL must be copied and pasted for it to work properly.
$449 Professionals – Registration prior to Feb. 1st
$549 Professionals – Registration Feb. 1st or after
$349 Students – Registration prior to Feb 1st *
$449 Students – Registration Feb 1st or after *
$ 50 CE Credits – 16 hours CE credits
*Students must show a valid student ID
Dr. Monika Buerger, BA, DC
Dr. Bridgette Chelf, DC
Dr. James Murphy, MD
CE’s for Doctors of Chiropractic applied for in the following States:
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Dist of Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming, Bristish Columbia
Life Chiropractic College West will be our Continuing Education Partner
Contact Life West CE at email@example.com or 510.780.4508 for information about continuing education: http://www.lifewest.org/.