Prenatal Stress 2: Beyond the Womb
You spoke, we listened!
The COVID Generation: How prenatal stress affects the unborn child and HOW we can TURN THE TIDE course was a blockbuster hit! We received hundreds of requests for a “Part 2”, so we are doing just that!
The neuroscience literature of HOW prenatal stress affects neurodevelopment and WHY it is considered the basis for the neurobiology of physical and mental dis-ease is vast!
In this course, Dr. Buerger will present key strategies to help minimize the effects of fetal imprints related to maternal stressors. She will teach attendees how to optimize the trajectory of neurodevelopment and minimize future “hits” that are known to trigger various dis-eases.
*Note: We recommend that you take the COVID Prenatal course prior to this course; however, it is not required.
Dr. Buerger will cover:
- Dysmaturation of the ANS and the long-term consequences on physical and mental health
- Identifying developmental “red flags” for at-risk children
- Postnatal “hits” that trigger neurological disorders such as autism, ADH/D, psychiatric disorders and the neurodegenerative cascade
- How vagal tone and heart rate variability are related to neuromuscular development
- Supporting vagal tone through the first two years of life via chiropractic care, parental-child interactions, movement patterns and neuronutrition
- The importance of the gut-brain-vagus axis during critical windows of development
- Understanding the Enteric Nervous System in brain function and development
- Balancing the Microbiome of Baby (MOB)
- How to manage the “low tone” kiddos
- The critical role that chiropractic care plays in stress regulation of children
- Steps to take in order to foster optimal neuorodevelopment: fine and gross motor, language and social development
- When, what, where co-management strategies
When we know better, we can do better….
Saturday, September 12, 2020
Time: 9 AM – 3 PM MST/11 AM – 5 PM EST
Instructor: Dr. Monika Buerger, BA, DC
Sponsoring Institution: Life Chiropractic College-West
- CE’s $50 (6 hours)
Location: LIVE on-line
*This class will be recorded for later listening and learning on-demand and continue to be FREE until June 1, 2020
Want lifetime access? Just join our on-line Learning Academy with hundreds of hours of additional learning, a private Facebook forum for interacting with other like minded docs, community outreach and marketing tools and so much more!
DC’s, DC students, CA’s and any practitioner that works with children
Exciting News! 6 hours on-line CE CREDITS APPROVED & APPIED FOR!
AK, CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, IN (temporarily approved due to COVID crisis), MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, NY, OR, PR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY
PACE: KS, ME, MN, NV, NJ, NC, ND, SD
CA, GA, PA, TX
*These States will likely have CEs available after the live date and should be applicable for the recorded version. You can still join the live course; however, the CEs would not be applicable until the date of acceptance from each State.
Life Chiropractic College West will be our Continuing Education Partner Contact Life West CE at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.780.4508 for information about continuing education: http://www.lifewest.org/.
** Each individual attending or viewing a class must pay for their own registration and CE fees. This includes married couples/partners and other doctors/students/office staff related.