Prenatal Stress: Beyond the Womb
The neuroscience literature of HOW prenatal stress affects neurodevelopment and WHY it is considered the basis for the neurobiology of physical and mental dis-ease is vast!
In this course, Dr. Buerger will present key strategies to help minimize the effects of fetal imprints related to maternal stressors. She will teach attendees how to optimize the trajectory of neurodevelopment and minimize future “hits” that are known to trigger various dis-eases.
Dr. Buerger will cover:
- Dysmaturation of the ANS and the long-term consequences on physical and mental health
- Identifying developmental “red flags” for at-risk children
- Postnatal “hits” that trigger neurological disorders such as autism, ADH/D, psychiatric disorders and the neurodegenerative cascade
- How vagal tone and heart rate variability are related to neuromuscular development
- Supporting vagal tone through the first two years of life via chiropractic care, parental-child interactions, movement patterns and neuronutrition
- The importance of the gut-brain-vagus axis during critical windows of development
- Understanding the Enteric Nervous System in brain function and development
- Balancing the Microbiome of Baby (MOB)
- How to manage the “low tone” kiddos
- The critical role that chiropractic care plays in stress regulation of children
- Steps to take in order to foster optimal neuorodevelopment: fine and gross motor, language and social development
- When, what, where co-management strategies
When we know better, we can do better….
Online & On-Demand!
*NOTE: If you are unable to attend the live version, the course will be recorded and accessible for 90 days to listen at your leisure and/or for continual study. After 90 days, if you have paid for the course, you will be able to access it for lifetime if you are an active member of our online community.
Instructor: Dr. Monika Buerger, BA, DC
Sponsoring Institution: Life Chiropractic College-West
- CE’s $50 (6 hours) *See instructions below on paying and applying for CE’s. Must register and pay for CE separately – See below
Location: Online & On-DEMAND!
Want lifetime access? Just join our on-line Learning Academy with hundreds of hours of additional learning, a private Facebook forum for interacting with other like minded docs, community outreach and marketing tools and so much more!
DC’s, DC students, CA’s and any practitioner that works with children
Exciting News! 6 hours on-line CE CREDITS APPROVED & APPIED FOR!
Approved CEs: Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming
*These States will likely have CEs available after the live date and should be applicable for the recorded version. You can still join the live course; however, the CEs would not be applicable until the date of acceptance from each State.
Life Chiropractic College West will be our Continuing Education Partner. Contact Life West CE at email@example.com or 510.780.4508 for information about continuing education: https://ce.lifewest.edu
** Each individual attending or viewing a class must pay for their own registration and CE fees. This includes married couples/partners and other doctors/students/office staff related.
CE CREDIT ONLY INSTRUCTIONS: Doctors who have completed the Intersect4Life course and would like CE credit please click here to claim through Life West.
- A CE password will be distributed during the course which is required in order to register for CE credit. Life West staff does not have access to the password.
- You are required to sign up for a new or use your existing Life West CE account to register for CE credit.
- Once registered for CE, you must pass a short quiz and complete an affidavit and course evaluation.
- Certificates are self-service. You may download or print your certificate immediately upon completing the course evaluation, and also again at any point in the future.
- Save your username and password to ensure easy future access to your CE records.